Well after July 20th all puppies have now went to their Forever homes. I thought it would be nice not having all of them under my feet, tugging at my pant leg, running in and out of the house. Yes I thought that would be great but I find myself missing all of them already.

I love dogs and though I am grateful to be able to make another household happy, someone else smile when kissed by their puppy it feels empty a little around here. All of our Aussie's, all 7 of them are very special to us but puppies that is a whole different world. Watching them grow, seeing them when they see something for the first time and yes eyeing them as the tear everything in site up. I have to admit it, I miss them all.

I cannot think of anything else that is more gratifying to me than to see a person young or old pick up their puppy know that this time I am taking him/her home with me that it is not just a visit but I am really taking them home. Smiles abound and one would think they where true human babies being held as they puppy talk (baby talk) begins. Absolutely adorable to see and it fills our hearts here with joy every time it occurs.

We hear from all the first few weeks regular, stories and pictures abound our email box and we love it. Time goes on we still hear from a few and are warmed by their pictures and stories sent our way of the adventures they have had with their best buddy. Some even drop by with the friend all grown up for us to see, some have invited us to their homes to talk with and show off their Aussie's tales and sometimes their winnings at contest they where entered into.

The wife and I read the emails, ponder the pictures, the videos and are glad we were able to be a small part of something so special to another person as well as to a creature of this world we live in these days.

Thanks to all over the years for the pleasure to see a small part of your life and to have a small part in it. From all of us we Thank You and wish you nothing but the best...

Ben

Comments

What's Popular